top of page


How does it work?

It's super easy! We deliver all the items you need direct to your venue ahead of your big day and collect them afterwards. We often deliver the day before your wedding, and collect again the day after, but we can be really flexible. 

Also, we can deliver/collect to your home address is that's more convenient for you.

How much is delivery / collection?

Delivery/collection within Fife is free of charge for bookings over £120.

You can also collect and return items to us in Kirkcaldy free of charge.


If your venue is out with Fife, we'll provide a quotation for our delivery/collection fees when responding to your enquiry.

How do I book?

Just get in touch with your date, your venue and a note of what you'd like to borrow (or buy in the case of slippers) - don't forget to let us know quantities.  We ask for a 20% deposit to secure your booking. (For bookings
made with less than 14 days notice, payment is required in full.)

Do you do bespoke packages?

YES! If our standard packages don't meet your needs, let us know what you're after and we will put together a bespoke package just for you!

We can do large quantities of umbrellas, blankets and other essentials for any wedding or event.

When should I book?

We recommend booking as soon as possible to secure your date. However, please just get in touch with us at any point in your wedding planning journey and we'll let you know if we have availability.

Why borrow not buy?

It costs far less to borrow quality items from us, than it would to buy them just for your wedding day. We also provide stands and baskets to fit a variety of wedding decor styles, saving you the task of finding/buying something to display blankets, umbrellas and slippers in. Not only that, by borrowing from us you're reducing the number of items that are bought for weddings, and often only used once. Borrowing is far kinder to the environment.

What are your payment terms?

We can secure your date for a 20% deposit. We ask that the remaining 80% (together with any delivery/collection charge and security/damages deposit) is paid no later than 14 days prior to the date of your wedding.


For bookings made less than 14 days prior to your date, or in certain circumstances for example where we source items specifically for you, we request payment in full at the time of booking.

What if something is lost or damaged?

Accidents happen! We count and check everything after every hire. If items are missing, we'll let you know so you can try and track them down and return them to us. If you're not able to return any missing items to us within 7 days, we will deduct the replacement cost of the items from any security/damages deposit we hold, or send you a bill requesting payment. Replacement costs are listed within the tariff in our terms and conditions.


When an item is damaged beyond reasonable wear and tear, we will deduct the cost of replacing the item(s) from any security/damages deposit we hold, or send you a bill for the damaged item(s) using the same tariff.

Can I amend my booking?

Absolutely! If your requirements change, let us know and we can add extra items onto your order, if we have availability.


Sorry we can't reduce the number of items you have booked to borrow or purchase.

Can I cancel?

Of course, you are free to cancel your booking any time before your hire items are out for delivery. If you do need to cancel more than 14 days prior to your date you will be refunded any money paid to us minus the 20% non-refundable booking fee. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to your date, you will be refunded 50% of all money paid.

How is everything cleaned?

After each hire, our umbrella handles and shafts are thoroughly cleaned with antibacterial products. The canopies are also routinely washed using detergent. Our blankets are professionally laundered before every hire.

Can Something Borrowed cancel?

If we ever have to cancel your booking as a result of circumstances out with our control (think extreme weather or treacherous road conditions) you will be entitled to a full refund (including your initial 20% deposit (which is usually non-refundable)).

bottom of page